You’ve got your corporate online media centre up and running, but traffic still isn’t coming to your site. We’ve put together a checklist of essential items to help optimise your online media centre.
1. Easily accessible content – Journalists need relevant stories quickly. Ensure content is available in one place, avoiding the need to search around your website for more details. Provide a filter and search bar to make information easier to locate.
2. Regular updates – Because the focus of the media is constantly changing, post regular updates to encourage your audience to keep coming back to the site.
3. Press releases – Posting releases on an online media centre allows you to present ‘packaged material’ (all the information the media need to write the story), including related images, quotes and videos. High resolution multimedia should be available to download.
4. Links to social media – Social media sharing makes it easy to circulate news. As well as providing links to corporate social accounts, enable visitors to distribute your content.
5. Company information – Factual background information is an essential ingredient for stories. This helps both the media and public learn more about what you do, your values and how you operate. Awards, career opportunities and financial reports can also be included.
6. Spokespeople biographies – Key members of staff and spokespeople biographies make it easier to gather details and quotes. Job titles, responsibilities and contact details can present the media with a route to interviews.
7. Legal information – Images, videos and quotes need to be referenced to avoid copyright infringement. Providing source information and guidelines on your online media centre gives the media permission to use material on your site.
No matter what industry you’re in, online media centres allow customers, media and the general public to gather crucial information about your organisation. Think about your target audience and apply these tips to make sure your content is easily accessed, timely and useful.