Business Development Representative
1. KEY INFORMATION
JOB TITLE: Business Development Representative
REPORTS TO: Sales Team Lead
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SUBSIDIARY & LOCATION: 79 Hatton Garden, Central London, UK. Working across Access Intelligence Group: Pulsar, Vuelio and ResponseSource
WHO WE ARE: Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products
that address the fundamental business needs of our clients in the PR, marketing and
communications industries. We have over 200 staff across the UK, Australia and the USA,
servicing the needs of almost 4,000 global brands across numerous industries from Media,
FMCG, Tech, Healthcare to PR. Learn more about our group at: www.accessintelligence.com.
OUR GROUP: Our evolving portfolio includes several companies, including Vuelio, the platform
that helps organisations make their stories matter; ResponseSource, a network that
connects media and influencers to the resources they need, fast; and Pulsar, an audience
insights and social listening platform. The world of communications, politics and influence is
constantly changing, which is why we’re a first-mover, constantly investing in our people,
products and services to keep our clients ahead.
WHY JOIN US: We work in a friendly, supportive and inclusive environment, where people
operate with a high degree of autonomy, over four different time zones across Europe and
the United States. We value excellence, creative courage, bright ideas, and the ability to have
2. ROLE OVERVIEW
This role sits within our large commercial function and its primary focus is to source new
business targets for a Business Development Manager to take into a sales process and
ultimately turn into a client.
This is a sales role and therefore we want someone who loves selling, enjoys competition and
can push on through hard times – the role is largely phone based, so again enjoying working
on the phone is an absolute must have.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is keen to pursue a career in sales as we provide the
support and training to help you hit the ground running and offer paths for quick progression
– so it’s yours for the taking.
A keen interest in tech, social media, marketing or communications would be beneficial as
these are the areas in which we operate.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
On a day-to-day basis your time will be structured between lead generation, cold calling as
well as training sessions. The objective of these calls will be to book in demos with potential
clients and feed these leads to your business development manager.
You will be working under guidance from your Business Development Manager, but you will
be responsible for generating your own leads through your own research, and managing the
process of scheduling in any demos that have been confirmed. The key responsibilities of this
• Generating sales opportunities through high volume, targeted outbound telephone calls,
working from lists within our CRM system, and through follow up of targeted outbound
• Conduct basic research on the company and decision-making unit in order to target your
• Carrying out basic level needs analysis on the phone to establish key areas of interest and
obtaining an understanding of an organisation’s communications objectives.
• Developing and maintaining a high level of understanding of the Company’s product
portfolio and value proposition and talking about these in context.
• Gaining knowledge of the competitive landscape and using this to the company’s
advantage to overcome objections and book high quality meetings.
• Keeping the CRM system up to date with all details of prospects including good quality,
detailed notes about each prospect’s current set up and incumbent renewal dates
• Using CRM information to manage and prioritise pipeline and to target senior decision
• All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access
Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable
steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices
and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management
Previous experience of working within a sales environment (6-12 months) is desirable.
• Previous cold calling experience is beneficial.
• Naturally organised and able to prioritise effectively.
• Excellent communicator with a positive attitude.
• Dynamic, confident and target driven self-starter.
• Keen to learn with a great initiative.