Key Account Manager
JOB TITLE: Key Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Key Accounts
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SUBSIDIARY & LOCATION: Vuelio, 79 Hatton Garden, London
Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products that address the fundamental business needs of more than 3,500 global brands in the PR, communications and marketing industries. Our technology helps them understand what’s important to their customers, stakeholders and their brand as they navigate a constantly changing world of influence online, in media, politics and social media. We provide practical tools and human insight to power their communications and realise a step change in awareness, reputation and engagement.
We’re an AIM listed PLC that is ambitious and growing – fast – with our long-term vision to create technologies that contribute to a world of open and effective communication. Our evolving portfolio includes Vuelio a leading media and political intelligence platform with monitoring, insight, engagement and evaluation tools; Pulsar, an advanced social listening and audience intelligence platform; and ResponseSource, the network that connects media and influencers to the resources they need.
Our world of marketing, communications and politics is ever evolving, which is why we’re a first mover and constantly invest in our people, products and services to stay ahead.
The role of a Key Account Manager at Vuelio is vital to maximising and developing our client portfolio. In this role you will deal with a cross section of clients and/or those with significant growth potential. You need to be creative in driving people to action and highly focused on meeting revenue targets.
You will have a comprehensive understanding of the full range of Vuelio’s product portfolio spanning PR, Public Affairs and Stakeholder relations and you will become an exceptional trusted advisor. You will understand each of your client’s strategic and operational goals and objectives. Your strategy will require you to develop relationships with decision makers to understand their perspective and key drivers and to conduct successful fact finding in order to determine which other services they subscribe to outside of the Vuelio portfolio. Your goal will be to show your clients how further integration across our range of products can help them achieve their strategic communications objectives. Through your understanding of the market and your client’s business, and through being valued by your clients, you will be able to ensure they lengthen and maximise their relationship with the business.
You will be involved in strategy and best practice, collaborating with colleagues and the manager of the Key Accounts team to drive business success and overcome barriers through new techniques, market understanding and product development ideas.
- Be the key commercial contact for a defined list of key Vuelio accounts.
- Be responsible for renewing existing client subscriptions as early as possible and growing the revenue at the earliest opportunity.
- Take control and ownership of your territory to map and target these organisations strategically (e.g. using client case studies, renewal data, Salesforce info, industry news/current affairs, targeted marketing campaigns etc).
- Rigorously record account and opportunity data in Salesforce for successful opportunity mapping to ensure transparency in measuring KPIs and targets.
- Build relationships at all levels through proactive and regular contact and be focused on delivering value throughout the life cycle of the customer journey.
- Effectively manage each client’s usage of their current system, ensure they derive maximum value from their subscription and use your product knowledge to determine the most natural upsell opportunities based on their usage.
- Meet with decision makers to identify and develop needs for our product and to recommend solutions that provide ROI and improvement to client processes.
- Be creative in finding ways around sales barriers and converting opponents into champions.
- Navigate complex DMUs to ensure all stakeholders are involved in the sales process to help drive the right outcomes.
- Analyse opportunities to understand threats or barriers with the ability to accurately forecast sales pipeline (RedAmberGreen) to perform consistently in line with monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
- Drive successful contract negotiations. Be tactical to drive timelines and create urgency in effort to control the close date wherever possible.
- Carry out product demonstrations.
- Attend relevant trade events to help build out brand and network. Evangelise the Vuelio vision both internally and externally.
- Source & respond to formal tenders and drive successful contract negotiations.
- Effectively prospect and obtain meetings with new contacts outside of the user base to ensure Vuelio is known to related stakeholders.
- Be part of the product steering group as necessary – use your experience of client needs and the market to ensure Vuelio has the edge over or competitors.
- All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS).
- We can all play a part in creating the inclusive and diverse environment that enables us to do our best work through being welcoming to others, considerate of difference, responsible in our behaviour, constructive in disagreement and open to learn
- A self-starter; who is motivated and driven to succeed.
- Experience of executing against key performance indicators.
- Experience working within a SaaS business.
- Extremely organised and efficient – able to move fast and prioritise efficiently to manage customer satisfaction and retention and apply laser focus to up-sell/cross-sell opportunities
- Has a thirst for knowledge – takes ownership of understanding all aspects of our product (including new features as they are developed) and our competitors to strengthen our ability to position Vuelio against a client’s incumbents or internal processes.
- Learns from experiences and shares knowledge to successfully equip others.
- Willing to share knowledge and experience with the team.
- Conveys information and ideas clearly to a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to tailor approach and presentation and forge relationships with decision makers.
- Outstanding ability to listen, both to remain open to ideas and to understand customer challenges and opportunities.
- Ability to formulate responses to complex sets of needs and experience in creating/supporting business cases.
- Ability to use product and industry knowledge to question a prospect’s ‘status-quo’; confidently advise on communications strategy to sell more complex solutions, additional services and longer-term deals.
- First class negotiating skills – demonstrable ability to understand an organisation’s decision-making unit and procurement processes to successfully drive next steps and influence the close date of opportunities.
- Numerate and analytical. Able to accurately forecast revenue.
- Assertive with the natural confidence and tenacity to find and create needs even when they may not be obvious or clear.
- Relentless in search for an outcome
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we are explicitly seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, diverse educational background, diverse culture, and diverse work experience. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
SALARY, BONUS SCHEME & BENEFITS
Salary £30,000-£35,000 basic
Plus uncapped commission and generous bonus scheme
22 days holidays rising to 27 days with service
Access to Dental Insurance (self-paid)
Perkbox Rewards Scheme
Pension (auto-enrolment after 3 months with 4% employer contribution)
Opt-in Private Healthcare (after successful completion of probation)
Access to an in-house Wellness Manager for support with fitness, injury management, nutrition and meditation and, in the office, an in-house gym in which we run a range of wellbeing classes
A friendly team and a range of soft benefits such as fruit and good coffee in the office, Cycle Scheme and company social activities