Last updated: 25/05/2018
Access Intelligence respects your right to privacy. This Privacy Notice explains who we are, how we collect, share and use personal information about you, and how you can exercise your privacy rights.
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information that we collect:
- When you visit one of our company websites http://www.accessintelligence.com/ and https://www.vuelio.com/ (“Websites”).
- If you are an influencer, journalist, blogger, vlogger, and politician or similar (referred to collectively as “Influencers“) whose details we process for the purposes of compiling our directory (the “Vuelio Database“).
- If you are an employee or other staff member of one of our business customers, or of one of our customers’ customers, that uses our software (“Authorised User”).
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, then please contact us using the contact details provided at the bottom of this Privacy Notice.
We recommend that you read this Privacy Notice in full to ensure you are fully informed. However, if you only want to access a particular section of this Privacy Notice, then you can click on the relevant link below to jump to that section.
What does Access Intelligence do?
We, Access Intelligence Plc. (or “Access Intelligence“), are a UK software provider. Our flagship Vuelio Database offering is a fully integrated communications management platform that uniquely combines solutions for public relations, public affairs, stakeholder and influencer relations.
We collect information not only about users and potential users of our services, but also, as we work to maintain and improve the Vuelio Database, about Influencers. Providing our clients with comprehensive and up-to-date information means they can engage with Influencers in ways that are relevant, timely and targeted, helping to build and sustain a professional and productive working environment for all.
For more information about Access Intelligence and Vuelio, please see the “About Us” sections of our Websites:
What personal information does Access Intelligence collect and why?
The personal information that we may collect about you broadly falls into the following categories:
• Information that you provide voluntarily
Certain parts of our Websites may ask you to provide personal information voluntarily. For example, we may ask you to provide your contact and company details in order to assist you with any questions or requests you submit to us regarding our software or services. The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information but this might include your name and business contact information to enable us to respond with service options relevant to your business.
If you contact us using the forms or contact details on our Websites, or by emailing individual Access Intelligence employees, we will collect a copy of that correspondence.
If you are an Authorised User, we will collect the details that you provide in order to create an account to access our software in connection with your employer’s service subscription.
We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use to help us improve our software and services, although you do not have to respond to them.
Influencers will also be contacted directly by our Research team to provide or validate the contents of the Vuelio Database, as described below.
• Information that we collect automatically
When you visit our Websites, or use our software including our Vuelio Database, we may collect certain information automatically from your device.
Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website or software, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
Collecting this information enables us to better understand the visitors and users, where they come from, and what content on our Website or Vuelio Database or other software is of interest to them. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our Website to our visitors.
Some of this information may be collected using cookies and similar tracking technology (collectively, “Cookies”). For further information about the types of Cookies we use, why, and how you can control Cookies, please see our Cookie Notice.
• Information we obtain from third party sources (for the Vuelio Database)
If you are an Influencer, we may collect information about you for the purposes of adding you to our Vuelio Database. The third party sources that we will collect your information from public sources such as professional LinkedIn pages, newspapers or other publications that you are published in, your YouTube channels and/or any other public profiles that you maintain for professional purposes.
Specifically the information we will collect from these third party sources may include information like your name and professional contact details (or social media handles), industries and/or subject matters that you communicate about, historical publications and/or professional history. We collect this information to maintain and improve the accuracy of your listing and profile on our Vuelio Database.
On being added to the Vuelio Database, all Influencers will be informed of the contents of our listing of their professional information on the Vuelio Database and provided a copy of this Privacy Notice to ensure you are aware of your rights.
Who does Access Intelligence share my personal information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
• to our group companies, third party services providers and partners who provide data processing services to us (for example, to support the delivery of, provide functionality on, or help to enhance the security of our Website), or who otherwise process personal information for purposes that are described in this Privacy Notice or notified to you when we collect your personal information
A list of our current service providers and partners with whom we share data for the purposes of delivering our services is available in the Vuelio GDPR Evidence Pack or at this link;
• to any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
• to an actual or potential buyer (and its agents and advisers) in connection with any actual or proposed purchase, merger or acquisition of any part of our business, provided that we inform the buyer it must use your personal information only for the purposes disclosed in this Privacy Notice; or
• to any other person with your consent to the disclosure.
If you are an Influencer, we will also share information about you contained in the Vuelio Database with customers of the Vuelio Database that are subject to our Acceptable Use Policy.
Our legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
However, we will normally collect personal information from you only: (i) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights; or (ii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you (e.g. if you subscribe as a customer, we may need to carry out certain “know your customer” (KYC) checks).
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
We collect and use your personal information on the basis of our legitimate interests (or those of any third party) in connection with:
• our operation of our Websites (for example we collect information about usage and engagement with our Website to improve its functionality, personalisation and security);
• our provision of services and communicating with you as necessary to provide our services;
• responding to any queries that you submit to us;
• undertaking marketing of our Vuelio Database and/or other services to relevant decision makers through targeted campaigns;
• detecting or preventing illegal activities; and
• (if you are an Influencer) our using your information for the purposes of compiling and maintaining the Vuelio Database, to ensure our customers have access to the most comprehensive and up-to-date information and thereby ensure they engage with Influencers in ways that are relevant, timely and targeted.
We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are. Where we do process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests, we will consider any consequences or impact it may have on you and will not rely on legitimate interests grounds if we think that our interests are outweighed by any negative impact the activities may have on you.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
Our Websites and software are all hosted in the UK and all of our development, support and operations are based in the EU.
Security of your information
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information.
By way of example, our Websites and the Vuelio Database are hosted on Microsoft Azure’s fully secure data centres, with intrusion protection and intrusion detection in place with 24×7 monitoring.
We retain personal information we collect from you where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, for as long as necessary to provide you or your employer with access to our software or services, to maintain your Vuelio Database profile as an Influencer, to keep in contact with you about our services or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights (subject to certain conditions and exemptions):
• If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
• In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
• You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
• Similarly, if we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
• You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
We may update this Privacy Notice from time to time in response to changing legal, technical or business developments. When we update our Privacy Notice, we will take appropriate measures to inform you, consistent with the significance of the changes we make. We will obtain your consent to any material Privacy Notice changes if and where this is required by applicable data protection laws.
You can see when this Privacy Notice was last updated by checking the “last updated” date displayed at the top of this Privacy Notice.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details:
14 Chiswell Street
London EC1Y 4TW
The data controller of your personal information is Access Intelligence. If you are a Vuelio Database member, any Access Intelligence customer of the Vuelio Database will also be the data controller of your Vuelio Database information.