JOB TITLE: Account Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Account Management – SMB Team
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
SUBSIDIARY & LOCATION:
AIMediaData Ltd (Vuelio)
79 Hatton Garden, London
Hybrid working pattern with 2-3 days in the office may be possible
Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products that address the fundamental business needs of clients in the marketing and communications industries. We combine AI technologies with human expertise to analyse data and create insights to understand what has impact on an organisation and their key audiences – from customers to stakeholders, politicians to influencers and the media.
The evolving Access Intelligence portfolio includes Isentia, the market-leading media monitoring, intelligence and insights solution provider; Pulsar, the most advanced audience intelligence and social listening platform; Vuelio, which provides monitoring, insight, engagement and evaluation tools for politics, editorial and social media in one place; and ResponseSource, the network that connects journalists and influencers to the PR and communications industry.
Access Intelligence is an AIM-listed SaaS provider with over 1,000 employees across 10 countries. Our technology is used by 6,000 organisations every day, from global blue-chip enterprises and communications agencies to public sector organisations and not-for-profits.
The role of an Account Executive at Vuelio is vital to maximising and developing our client portfolio. This role allows the post holder to develop their skills in account management and account development, in line with the company’s expectations.
Account Executives/Managers in the SMB team work with low to mid value accounts with a range of product specifications, however, most of your portfolio will be Journalist Enquiry Service subscribers. The primary goal for the account executive is customer satisfaction leading to renewal of their services and identifying opportunities to grow the client’s subscription with the other products in the Vuelio offering.
You will understand each of your client’s strategic and operational goals and objectives. You will advise clients on why they should be expanding their relationship with Vuelio and how further integration across our range of products can help them achieve their strategic communications objectives. Your understanding of the mechanics of each organisation will require you to engage and inspire internal stakeholders at all levels and you will be creative in driving people to action; this will be vital to successfully closing deals to meet revenue targets.
The role carries a pure retention target and an upsell target.
• Be responsible for renewing existing client subscriptions.
• Onboarding new Journalist Enquiry Service only clients. This involves building rapport, understanding the clients’ needs and objectives for the system, initial training on how the client can meet those objectives using Vuelio and making sure that the client knows all the relevant touchpoints within Vuelio for the duration of their contract.
• Dealing with day-to-day queries relating to product, contract and usability questions. If appropriate passing onto support/training/finance to get the issue resolved.
• Take control and ownership of your territory to strategically map and target these organisations (e.g. using client case studies, renewal data, Salesforce info, industry news/current affairs, targeted marketing campaigns etc).
• Rigorously record account and opportunity data in Salesforce for successful opportunity mapping to ensure consistency across the business and transparency in measuring KPIs and targets.
• Build relationships at all levels and be focused on delivering value throughout the life cycle of the customer journey.
• Effectively manage each client’s usage of their current system, ensure they derive maximum value from their subscription and use your product knowledge to determine the most natural upsell opportunities based on their usage.
• Use market knowledge to strategically position against competitors to become the only viable option.
• Analyse opportunities to understand threats or barriers with the ability to accurately forecast sales pipeline (RAG) to consistently perform in line with monthly, quarterly and annual targets.
• All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS)
• All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS).
• We can all play a part in creating the inclusive and diverse environment that enables us to do our best work through being welcoming to others, considerate of difference, responsible in our behaviour, constructive in disagreement and open to learn.
• A self-starter; who is motivated and driven to succeed. Assertive with the natural confidence and tenacity to find and create needs for our services.
• Extremely organised and efficient, able to manage a range of responsibilities, tasks and projects simultaneously whilst ensuring that work is prioritised accordingly; with a primary focus on retention and associated revenue generation.
• Possesses a thirst for knowledge – takes ownership of understanding all aspects of our product and our competitors.
• Ability to use product and industry knowledge to question a prospect’s ‘status-quo’; confidently advise on communications strategy to sell more complex solutions, additional services and longer-term deals.
• Negotiating skills – demonstrable ability to understand an organisation’s decision-making unit and procurement processes to successfully drive next steps and influence the close date of opportunities.
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we are explicitly seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, diverse educational background, diverse culture, and diverse work experience. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
SALARY & BENEFITS
• Competitive holiday allowance
• Life Assurance
• Access to Dental Insurance (self-paid)
• Perkbox Rewards Scheme
• Company Pension Scheme
• Opt-in Private Healthcare (after successful completion of probation)
• Access to an in-house Wellness Manager for support with fitness, injury management, nutrition and meditation and, in the office, an in-house gym in which we run a range of wellbeing classes
• A friendly team and a range of soft benefits such as fruit and good coffee in the office, Cycle Scheme and company social activities.