1. KEY INFORMATION
JOB TITLE: Accounts Assistant
REPORTS TO: Giordana Hulme
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SUBSIDIARY & LOCATION: 79 Hatton Garden, London [hybrid office / remote working available]
1. COMPANY OVERVIEW
Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products that address the fundamental business needs of clients in the marketing and communications industries. We combine AI technologies with human expertise to analyse data and create insights to understand what has impact on an organisation and their key audiences – from customers to stakeholders, politicians to influencers and the media.
The evolving Access Intelligence portfolio includes Isentia, the market-leading media monitoring, intelligence and insights solution provider; Pulsar, the most advanced audience intelligence and social listening platform; Vuelio, which provides monitoring, insight, engagement and evaluation tools for politics, editorial and social media in one place; and ResponseSource, the network that connects journalists and influencers to the PR and communications industry.
Access Intelligence is an AIM-listed SaaS provider with over 1,000 employees across 10 countries. Our technology is used by 6,000 organisations every day, from global blue-chip enterprises and communications agencies to public sector organisations and not-for-profits.
2. ROLE OVERVIEW
The Accounts Assistant role’s primary duties are to assist the finance team with accounts payable duties as well as processing and issuing sales invoices. There are thirteen people within the EMEA finance team consisting of a CFO, Financial Controller, Finance Manager, Management Accountants, Assistant Accountant and Credit Control Team.
This role presents a great opportunity to learn the dynamics of a finance team, but also the company as a whole, as the role requires you to liaise and build relationships with many other teams outside of finance. There will be a chance to develop your career within the group, working your way up through the Finance team with the company offering support through professional exams should you wish. You will be reporting to the Financial Controller directly.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proactively manage supplier accounts including supplier statement reconciliations
- Filing of electronic invoices and statements in a timely manner
- Coding of invoices/credit notes to the correct GL code
- Managing expenses and deal with all expenses related queries
- Reconcile company credit card expenditure
- Maintain good and regular communication with teams across the business
- Liaise with managers across the business for purchase invoice approval
- Preparation of payment runs on a weekly basis
- Process sales orders and sales invoices on a daily basis
- Liaise with sales teams daily to ensure opportunity admin is finalized correctly
- Assist the finance team colleagues with ad hoc duties as required
- Achieve KPIs.
- Information Security – All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS).
4. PROFILE & EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience working within purchase ledger not essential but preferred
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Reliable, self-disciplined, speed and accuracy essential
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong team player
- Numerate with excellent organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work to deadlines
- Ability to build up relationships internally and externally
- Experience using NetSuite (accounting software) & Salesforce (CRM software) would be an advantage
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we are explicitly seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, diverse educational background, diverse culture, and diverse work experience. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
6. SALARY, BONUS SCHEME & BENEFITS
We can offer the opportunity to building a satisfying, fulfilling and financially rewarding career in finance.
- 22 days holidays rising to 27 days with service
- Life Assurance
- Access to Dental Insurance (self-paid)
- Perkbox Rewards Scheme
- Pension (auto-enrolment after 3 months with 4% employer contribution)
- Opt-in Private Healthcare (after successful completion of probation)
- Quarterly Superstars! Awards Scheme
- An in-house gym in which we run a range of wellbeing classes
- A friendly and sociable environment with range of soft benefits such as fruit in the office, good coffee, Cycle Scheme and Friday socials