BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
or Business Development Associate
REPORTS TO: Head of SMB Sales & Lead Generation
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SUBSIDIARY & LOCATION: AIMEDIADATA LIMITED, 79 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8AW
Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products that address the fundamental business needs of clients in the marketing and communications industries. We combine AI technologies with human expertise to analyse data and create insights to understand what has impact on an organisation and their key audiences – from customers to stakeholders, politicians to influencers and the media.
The evolving Access Intelligence portfolio includes Isentia, the market-leading media monitoring, intelligence and insights solution provider; Pulsar, the most advanced audience intelligence and social listening platform; Vuelio, which provides monitoring, insight, engagement and evaluation tools for politics, editorial and social media in one place; and ResponseSource, the network that connects journalists and influencers to the PR and communications industry.
Access Intelligence is an AIM-listed SaaS provider with over 1,000 employees across 10 countries. Our technology is used by 6,000 organisations every day, from global blue-chip enterprises and communications agencies to public sector organisations and not-for-profits.
The purpose of this role is to manage the full sales cycle from prospecting organisations right through to negotiating the terms and closing the deal. The role has some support from our lead gen team and you will be required to respond to inbound leads and follow up targeted marketing campaigns, but you will also be responsible for generating opportunities so previous experience of prospecting, cold calling and quota bearing sales is essential.
Other roles within the New Business team include Business Development Representative (Lead Generation), Business Development Associate (the title we use for entry level BDMs) and Enterprise Solutions Consultant as well as managerial roles. We group our client prospects according to size and sector so team members have the opportunity to grow their careers and earnings through selling a larger range of products; selling to larger, more complex clients in differing sectors, and developing as a team leader. This is a fantastic role for someone who is keen to develop their career within SaaS sales.
• Identifying, targeting and navigating senior communications, public relations & public affairs decision makers at corporates, brands, charities, PR agencies, Government bodies, housing associations, trade organisations, pressure groups the NHS and the like.
• Generating sales opportunities through high volume, targeted outbound telephone calls, working from lists within our Salesforce CRM system (and using your own initiative to find targets).
• Researching, preparing for and carrying out sales meetings on the phone or face to face and conduct a thorough needs analysis of the prospect’s communications objectives before presenting the company’s software and advising how it can help.
• Successfully tailoring your approach to meet the needs of different organisations and individuals based on their seniority/responsibility.
• Understanding the price book and negotiating on pricing as appropriate.
• Driving timelines and creating urgency in order to control close dates.
• Forecasting revenue accurately and managing longer term pipeline.
• Working with marketing to help co-ordinate specific campaigns and activities related to the prospect base.
• Developing and maintaining a high level of understanding of the company’s full product portfolio (PR, Public Affairs and Stakeholder) and value proposition and talking about these in context.
• Gaining knowledge of the competitive landscape and using this to the company’s advantage to overcome objections and book high quality meetings.
• Attending relevant trade events to network and help build the brand. Evangelise the Vuelio brand and vision both internally and externally.
• Keeping the CRM system up to date with all details of prospects including good quality, detailed notes about each prospect’s current set up and incumbent renewal dates
• Using CRM information to manage and prioritise pipeline and to target senior decision makers.
• Achieve KPIs.
• Information Security – All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS).
• We can all play a part in creating the inclusive and diverse environment that enables us to do our best work through being welcoming to others, considerate of difference, responsible in our behaviour, constructive in disagreement and open to learn.
• Relevant experience in a quota bearing sales role. SaaS experience highly desirable.
• Previous cold calling experience.
• Track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
• Ambitious and focused on building a long-term career in sales.
• Dynamic, confident and target driven self-starter.
• Articulate with an excellent telephone manner.
• Comfortable talking to senior decision makers.
• Persuasive and persistent yet friendly and personable.
• Able to take initiative to research contact and organisation information to deliver a tailored approach.
• Able to interpret prospect organisation’s needs and advise convincingly on solutions.
• Naturally organised and able to prioritise effectively.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.