Business Development Manager
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Mid-Market Sales
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SUBSIDIARY & LOCATION: Vuelio, 79 Hatton Garden, London (remote working whilst under COVID restrictions)
Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products that address the fundamental business needs of more than 3,500 global brands in the PR, communications and marketing industries. Our technology helps them understand what’s important to their customers, stakeholders and their brand as they navigate a constantly changing world of influence online, in media, politics and social media. We provide practical tools and human insight to power their communications and realise a step change in awareness, reputation and engagement.
We’re an AIM listed PLC that is ambitious and growing – fast – with our long-term vision to create technologies that contribute to a world of open and effective communication. Our evolving portfolio includes Vuelio a leading media and political intelligence platform with monitoring, insight, engagement and evaluation tools; Pulsar, an advanced social listening and audience intelligence platform; and ResponseSource, the network that connects media and influencers to the resources they need.
Our world of marketing, communications and politics is ever evolving, which is why we’re a first mover and constantly invest in our people, products and services to stay ahead.
The purpose of this role is to manage the full sales cycle from prospecting organisations right through to negotiating the terms and closing the deal. The role has some support from our lead gen team and you will be required to respond to inbound leads and follow up targeted marketing campaigns, but you will also be responsible for generating opportunities so previous experience of prospecting, cold calling and quota bearing sales is essential.
We group our client prospects according to size and sector so team members have the opportunity to grow their careers and earnings through selling a larger range of products; selling to larger, more complex clients in differing sectors, and developing as a team leader. This is a fantastic role for someone who is keen to develop their career within SaaS sales.
• Identifying, targeting and navigating senior communications, public relations & public affairs decision makers at corporates, brands, charities, PR agencies, Government bodies, housing associations, trade organisations, pressure groups the NHS and the like.
• Generating sales opportunities through high volume, targeted outbound telephone calls, working from lists within our Salesforce CRM system (and using your own initiative to find targets).
• Researching, preparing for and carrying out sales meetings on the phone or face to face and conduct a thorough needs analysis of the prospect’s communications objectives before presenting the company’s software and advising how it can help.
• Successfully tailoring your approach to meet the needs of different organisations and individuals based on their seniority/responsibility.
• Understanding the price book and negotiating on pricing as appropriate.
• Driving timelines and creating urgency in order to control close dates.
• Forecasting revenue accurately and managing longer term pipeline.
• Working with marketing to help co-ordinate specific campaigns and activities related to the prospect base.
• Developing and maintaining a high level of understanding of the company’s full product portfolio (PR, Public Affairs and Stakeholder) and value proposition and talking about these in context.
• Gaining knowledge of the competitive landscape and using this to the company’s advantage to overcome objections and book high quality meetings.
• Attending relevant trade events to network and help build the brand. Evangelise the Vuelio brand and vision both internally and externally.
• Keeping the CRM system up to date with all details of prospects including good quality, detailed notes about each prospect’s current set up and incumbent renewal dates
• Using CRM information to manage and prioritise pipeline and to target senior decision makers.
• Achieve KPIs.
• Information Security – All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS).
• Relevant experience in a quota bearing sales role. SaaS experience highly desirable.
• Previous cold calling experience.
• Track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
• Ambitious and focused on building a long-term career in sales.
• Dynamic, confident and target driven self-starter.
• Articulate with an excellent telephone manner.
• Comfortable talking to senior decision makers.
• Persuasive and persistent yet friendly and personable.
• Able to take initiative to research contact and organisation information to deliver a tailored approach.
• Able to interpret prospect organisation’s needs and advise convincingly on solutions.
• Naturally organised and able to prioritise effectively.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
KPIs for roles vary depending on individual experience and client portfolio but current KPIs for a BDM role can be summarised as follows:
• 18 completed discovery meetings per month (circa 50% self-generated).
• Set up a minimum of 3 political trials per month.
• Circa 2.5 hours on the phone per day.
• Ensure measurability of targets and KPIs by consistently and regularly capturing Salesforce data to the standards required by the business (inputting contact details, event notes, follow up tasks, opportunity management, etc).
• Ensure a high level of forecast accuracy by consistently carrying out a thorough and strategic analysis of each organisation and the related opportunity.
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we are explicitly seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, diverse educational background, diverse culture, and diverse work experience. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
SALARY, BONUS SCHEME & BENEFITS
We can offer the opportunity to building a satisfying, fulfilling and financially rewarding career in software sales. Basic salary depends on experience.
Salary £35,000-40,000 basic
Uncapped commission and generous bonus scheme
22 days holidays rising to 27 days with service
Access to Dental Insurance (self-paid)
Perkbox Rewards Scheme
Pension (auto-enrolment after 3 months with 4% employer contribution)
Opt-in Private Healthcare (after successful completion of probation)
Quarterly Superstars! Awards Scheme
An in-house gym in which we run a range of wellbeing classes
A friendly and sociable environment with range of soft benefits such as fruit in the office, good coffee, Cycle Scheme and Friday socials