Vuelio Home / Careers / Vacancies / Business Development Manager
Business Development Manager
JOB TITLE: Business Development Manager
REPORTS TO: Head of Mid-Market Sales
SUBSIDIARY & LOCATION: Vuelio, 79 Hatton Garden, London
Career in SaaS Sales with excellent benefits
We are on the lookout for an experienced, ambitious, confident, and self-driven Business Development Manager to join our mid-market team. You’ll have a strong desire to achieve goals and be a top performer in a fun and fast-paced environment. While driving for further opportunities in enterprise sales or sales management.
(No recruiters, please. We would rather save the money and put it towards sales incentives.)
Who we are…
Vuelio is an innovative SaaS provider, serving PR, communications, media and public affairs practitioners with all the tools and insights they need to understand impact, build relationships, amplify their brand and validate their communications. We have over 3,500 clients worldwide, from blue-chip enterprises and public sector organisations to leading charities and top agencies.
Vuelio is part of the Access Intelligence Group – which also includes Pulsar, ResponseSource and Isentia – and you’ll be joining a growing tech group that’s the leading provider of global audience intelligence.
About this opportunity…
The purpose of this role is to manage the full sales cycle from prospecting organisations, carrying out needs analysis and giving tailored demos of the Vuelio product right through to negotiating the terms and closing the deal. The role has some support from our lead gen team and you will be required to respond to inbound leads and follow up targeted marketing campaigns, but you will also be responsible for generating opportunities so previous experience of prospecting, cold calling and quota bearing sales is essential.
How you will make an impact…
• Identify and target senior communications, public relations & public affairs decision makers at corporates, brands, charities, PR agencies, Government bodies, housing associations, trade organisations and the like, adapting your approach appropriately.
• Generate sales opportunities through targeted outbound telephone calls, working from lists within our Salesforce CRM system (and using your own initiative to find targets).
• Research, prepare for and carry out sales meetings on the phone or face to face and conduct a thorough needs analysis of the prospect’s communications objectives before presenting the company’s software and advising how it can help.
• Understand the price book and negotiate on pricing as appropriate.
• Forecast revenue accurately and managing longer term pipeline.
• Work with marketing to help co-ordinate specific campaigns and activities related to the prospect base.
• Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of the company’s full product portfolio (PR, Public Affairs and Stakeholder) and value proposition and talking about these in context.
• Attend relevant trade events to network and help build the brand. Evangelise the Vuelio brand and vision both internally and externally.
What we’re looking for…
• Relevant experience in a quota bearing sales role. SaaS experience essential.
• Experience selling in a competitive environment is highly desirable.
• Previous prospecting experience utilising multi touch methods including phone, email & Linkedin.
• Track record of hitting and exceeding sales targets.
• Ambitious and focused on building a long-term career in sales.
• Dynamic, confident and target driven self-starter.
• Articulate and with experience of talking to senior decision makers.
• Naturally organised and able to prioritise effectively.
What’s on offer…
• Competitive base salary (taking into consideration your previous experience) with opportunity to earn uncapped commission/bonuses
• Progression opportunities in enterprise sales or sales management
• 25 days holidays + 8 public holidays
• Day off on your birthday
• Hybrid working (3 days a week in the office)
• Up to 4x salary Life Assurance
• Opt-in Private Healthcare
• Access to self-paid Dental Insurance
• Quarterly Superstars Awards Scheme & sales incentives
• Other benefits such as Perkbox (for discounts), Cycle Scheme, Season Ticket Loans, a Workplace Nursery scheme and SmartHealth (for access to private GP appointments as well as a range of health and wellbeing services)
• An in-house gym, wellness manager and a range of wellbeing classes
• A friendly and sociable environment with Thursday drinks, office perks and Company parties throughout the year
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we are explicitly seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, educational background, culture and work experience. We look forward to hearing how your perspective might bring something unique and valuable to our team.