Vuelio Home / Careers / Vacancies / Business Development Representative
Business Development Representative
JOB TITLE: Business Development Representative
REPORTS TO: BDR Manager
SUBSIDIARY & LOCATION: Vuelio, 79 Hatton Garden, London
SALARY: £26,000 – £32,000 + OTE (uncapped)
Friendly Sales team & paths for quick progression
Are you interested in building your sales career in a fast-scaling SaaS company that offers thorough training, hybrid working and an excellent culture and benefits? We would love to hear from you.
We are always on the lookout for passionate and proactive Business Development Representatives to join our exciting and growing team. We’ll provide the support and training to help you hit the ground running in SaaS Sales and our paths for quick progression mean the next step in your career is yours for the taking!
(No recruiters, please. We would rather save the money and put it towards sales incentives.)
Who we are…
Vuelio is an innovative SaaS provider, serving PR, communications, media and public affairs practitioners with all the tools and insights they need to understand impact, build relationships, amplify their brand and validate their communications. We have over 3,500 clients worldwide, from blue-chip enterprises and public sector organisations to leading charities and top agencies.
Vuelio is part of the Access Intelligence Group – which also includes Pulsar, ResponseSource and Isentia – and you’ll be joining a growing tech group that’s the leading provider of global audience intelligence.
About this opportunity…
As a BDR, you will be responsible for lead generation in our Vuelio/PR&Comms New Business team and you’ll be a key part of our sales engine. You will make targeted outbound calls, with a focus on engaging prospects to book a meeting to further explore our services. You will be working across our full portfolio of products and using a multi-channel approach including phone, email, LinkedIn and video. There will be a mixture of cold and warm prospects and you’ll also be working closely with our Marketing team to follow up from targeted campaigns and leveraging their excellent content (which is developed specifically for our target sectors).
How you will make an impact…
• Generate sales opportunities through high volume, targeted outbound engagement, working from lists within our Salesforce CRM system and through follow up of targeted outbound marketing campaigns (supported by other sales tech to help identify contacts and find contact details).
• Creatively research targeted accounts to identify key contacts and critical account information prior to a prospecting call.
• Carry out basic level needs analysis on the phone to establish key areas of interest and obtain an understanding of an organisation’s Communications objectives.
• Develop and maintain a high level of understanding of the Company’s product portfolio and explain in detail how potential prospects might benefit from using our product.
• Attend conferences and sponsored award ceremonies to represent the Company.
• Network with leading influencers across the industry, opening doors and developing relationships with potential contacts.
• Gain knowledge of the competitive landscape and use this to the company’s advantage to overcome objections and book high quality meetings.
• Keep the CRM system up to date with all details of prospects including high quality, detailed notes about each prospect’s current set up and incumbent renewal dates.
• Input and maintain account data effectively and efficiently in our CRM, using information to manage and prioritise pipeline and to target senior decision makers.
What we’re looking for…
• 6-12 months experience in an SDR/BDR or similar sales role
• Willingness and ability to do cold calling (previous cold calling experience is desirable but not necessarily essential)
• Fluent and articulate English with a great telephone manner – you can be persuasive and persistent yet friendly and personable.
• Ability to write with clarity and accuracy.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to pick up new software tools.
• Must be eligible to work in the UK.
• Able to spend at least three days in the office each week
Who you are…
• A confident and target-driven self-starter – you have a strong desire to achieve goals and be a top performer in a fun and fast-paced environment.
• Accountability – willingness to own your goals, own your failures and to ask for help when you need it.
• Being receptive to feedback – willing to learn and to try different approaches.
• Application – willing to learn the detail of our products and our markets.
• Loyal team player – we’re a close-knit team who respect each other.
• Naturally organised and with effective prioritisation skills – able to take initiative to research contact/organisation information.
What’s on offer…
• Competitive base salary (taking into consideration your previous experience) with opportunity to earn uncapped commission/bonuses
• Clear progression opportunities throughout your career (our commercial team typically see promotions every 12-18 months)
• 25 days holidays + 8 public holidays
• Day off on your birthday
• Hybrid working (3 days a week in the office)
• Up to 4x salary Life Assurance
• Opt-in Private Healthcare
• Access to self-paid Dental Insurance
• Quarterly Superstars Awards Scheme & sales incentives
• Other benefits such as Perkbox (for discounts), Cycle Scheme, Season Ticket Loans, a Workplace Nursery scheme and SmartHealth (for access to private GP appointments as well as a range of health and wellbeing services)
• An in-house gym, wellness manager and a range of wellbeing classes
• A friendly and sociable environment with Thursday drinks, office perks and Company parties throughout the year
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we are explicitly seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, educational background, culture and work experience. We look forward to hearing how your perspective might bring something unique and valuable to our team.