Business Development Representative
JOB TITLE: Business Development Representative
REPORTS TO: BDR Manager (or SMB Sales Manager)
DIRECT REPORTS: None
SUBSIDIARY & LOCATION: Vuelio, 79 Hatton Garden, London (remote working whilst under COVID restrictions)
SALARY: £24,000 – £25,000 + OTE (uncapped)
Access Intelligence is a tech innovator, delivering high quality SaaS products that address the fundamental business needs of more than 3,500 global brands in the PR, communications and marketing industries. Our technology helps them understand what’s important to their customers, stakeholders and their brand as they navigate a constantly changing world of influence online, in media, politics and social media. We provide practical tools and human insight to power their communications and realise a step change in awareness, reputation and engagement.
We’re an AIM listed PLC that is ambitious and growing – fast – with our long-term vision to create technologies that contribute to a world of open and effective communication. Our evolving portfolio includes Vuelio a leading media and political intelligence platform with monitoring, insight, engagement and evaluation tools; Pulsar, an advanced social listening and audience intelligence platform; and ResponseSource, the network that connects media and influencers to the resources they need.
Our world of marketing, communications and politics is ever evolving, which is why we’re a first mover and constantly invest in our people, products and services to stay ahead.
The purpose of this role is to make targeted outbound calls and follow up on targeted marketing campaigns to set sales appointments for sales professionals within the New Business team.
Other roles within the New Business team include Business Development Associate (the title we use for entry level BDMs), Business Development Manager and Enterprise Solutions Consultant as well as managerial roles. We group our client prospects according to size and sector so team members have the opportunity to grow their careers and earnings through selling a larger range of products; selling to larger, more complex clients in differing sectors, and developing as a team leader.
This is a fantastic role for someone who is keen to pursue a career in sales as we provide the support and training to help you hit the ground running and offer paths for quick progression – so it’s yours for the taking.
• Generating sales opportunities through high volume, targeted outbound telephone calls, working from lists within our Salesforce CRM system, and through follow up of targeted outbound marketing campaigns.
• Conduct basic research on the company and decision-making unit in order to target your approach.
• Carrying out basic level needs analysis on the phone to establish key areas of interest and obtaining an understanding of an organisation’s communications objectives.
• Developing and maintaining a high level of understanding of the Company’s product portfolio and value proposition and talking about these in context.
• Gaining knowledge of the competitive landscape and using this to the company’s advantage to overcome objections and book high quality meetings.
• Keeping the CRM system up to date with all details of prospects including good quality, detailed notes about each prospect’s current set up and incumbent renewal dates
• Using CRM information to manage and prioritise pipeline and to target senior decision makers.
• Information Security – All staff have a responsibility and an essential role to play in safeguarding Access Intelligence’s information and that of its customers. You are required to take all reasonable steps to comply with the Access Intelligence Information Security Policy and the polices and processes outlined in the Access Intelligence Information Security Management System (ISMS).
• Able and willing to do cold calling. Previous cold calling experience is desirable but not necessarily essential.
• Ambitious and interested in a long-term career in sales.
• Dynamic, confident and target driven self-starter.
• Articulate with an excellent telephone manner.
• Persuasive and persistent yet friendly and personable.
• Able to take initiative to research contact and organisation information.
• Naturally organised and able to prioritise effectively.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
We know that innovation thrives in teams where diverse points of view come together to solve hard problems. As such, we are explicitly seeking individuals who will bring diverse life experience, diverse educational background, diverse culture, and diverse work experience. Please be prepared to share with us how your perspective will bring something unique and valuable to our team.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
KPIs for roles can vary depending on individual experience and client portfolio but current KPIs for this role can be summarised as follows:
• A minimum of 18 completed discovery meetings per month (phone or web). Meetings set up by BDR and passed to sales rep.
• 60+ dials per day.
• Ensure measurability of targets and KPIs by consistently and regularly capturing Salesforce data to the standards required by the business (inputting contact details, conversation notes, emails follow up tasks).