Last updated 09/09/2015.
1. mad about the house: If you are mad about interiors, then you better visit this blog. It’s got ideas that range from mild to wild and visuals that make you want to redecorate…now. Author and interiors journalist, Kate Watson-Smyth, uses a friendly, conversational tone that puts readers at the heart of every home. The blog has overtaken Bright.Bazaar this year to claim the number one spot. (Read her interview with Vuelio)
2. Dear Designer’s Blog: Author Carole King started this blog in 2009 as a way to create her ‘own little library of loveliness.’ The library she created helped her to then start up a digital interiors magazine. the Dear Designer blog remains her first love and boasts an extensive blogroll. It has moved up one spot from last year!
3. Bright.Bazaar: After two consecutive years at the #1 spot on our ranking, the blog has this year taken the bronze. Apart from interior design, now fashion and travel content is also available at the Bright.Bazaar. Take a stroll in.
4. The Design Sheppard: Author Stacey Sheppard calls the blog her ‘online home’ and you are invited in. This blog stands out from others on the list for the functional yet beautiful ideas it offers – like for real homes.
5. Fresh Design Blog: The name says it all – it’s a fresh take on interiors. This blog offers ideas and inspiration for the modern and contemporary home and does so keeping costs in mind. Palm reading wallpaper, back to school bargains, geometric coffee cup sets…you get the gist?
6. Abigail Ahern: Recognised amongst design aficionados and devotees, Abigail Ahern’s blog is still one of the most influential interior design blogs out there and is a regular in our Top 10!
7. Love Chic Living: Author Jen Stanbrook has been busy writing a series about loft conversions and at other times, picking up awards including the Cosmopolitan Magazine’s Best Interiors Blog award! (Read her interview with Vuelio here) It’s no wonder her blog has bumped up three places from the No 10 spot last year. Jen shows off her ‘insatiable love of home decor, interior design and home accessories’ through the blog that first started out in 2012.
8. DIY Design and Decorate: A new entry to our Top 10 is Sophie Robinson’s DIY Design and Decorate. Sharing her passion for interiors, Sophie wants to show you how to get the most out of your home.
9. Your Home is Lovely: Kate Burt’s blog is all about providing inspiration and affordable ideas to your home! The blog was founded in 2008 and is a new entry to our Top 10.
10. Moon to Moon: Established in 2009, Moon to Moon shares the best ‘Eclectic and Bohemian Interior design ideas from across the web’.
DON’T MISS our interview with our #7 blogger Jen Stanbrook of Love Chic Living about the new redesign her site has just undergone, winning the Cosmopolitan Magazine’s Best Interiors Blog award, working with PRs and the fingers she’s got crossed for her debut on live television.
Read an exclusive interview with our #1 blogger Kate Watson-Smyth of ‘mad about the house’ blog
The fundamentals of working with bloggers are the same as with traditional journalists at traditional media outlets: respect their schedules; take time to read their material to learn their interests; and only contact them if/when they want to be contacted.
Vuelio’s blog ranking methodology takes into consideration social sharing, topic-related content and post frequency. Profiles of these interior design blogs and their authors can be found in the Vuelio Media Database.
Photo Courtesy of mattwalker69 on Flickr