This week’s Political Updates, covers moves and changes at all levels of government.
House of Commons
Results of the UK General Election
|Party||Seats won||Seat Change||Votes share|
Parliament is expected to turn on the 13th June 2017 for the election of the speaker. Swearing in of MPs will take place on subsequent days.
House of Lords
- The House of Lords will return on Monday 19th June.
- John Lamont was elected as a Member of Parliament for Berwickshire, Roxburgh and Selkirk, standing down from his seat in the Scottish Parliament.
- Ross Thompson was elected as a Member of Parliament for Aberdeen South, standing down from his seat in the Scottish Parliament.
- Douglas Ross was elected as a Member of Parliament for Moray, standing down from his seat in the Scottish Parliament.
Northern Ireland Assembly
- Northern Ireland has until the 29th June to reach an agreement that will restore a power-sharing devolved executive.
- This week will be dedicated to political group meetings in Strasbourg.