This week’s Political Updates, covers moves and changes at all levels of government.
House of Commons
House of Lords
- The Conservative Life Peer Lord Feldman retired on 30th June.
- The following Committees have been announced:
Political Polling and Digital Media Committee
Lord Lipsey, Chair
Baroness Couttie, Member
Baroness Fall, Member
Baroness Ford, Member
Lord Foulkes of Cumnock, Member
Lord Hayward, Member
Lord Howarth of Newport, Member
Baroness Janke, Member
Baroness Jay of Paddington, Member
Baroness O’Neill of Bengarve, Member
Lord Rennard, Member
Lord Smith of Hindhead, Member
Natural Environment and Rural Communities Act 2006 Committee
Lord Cameron of Dillington, Chair
Earl of Arran, Member
Baroness Byford, Member
Earl of Caithness, Member
Lord Faulkner of Worcester, Member
Lord Foster of Bishop Auckland, Member
Lord Harrison, Member
Countess of Mar, Member
Baroness Parminter, Member
Baroness Scott of Bybrook, Member
Baroness Scott of Needham Market, Member
Baroness Whitaker, Member
Artificial Intelligence Committee
Lord Clement-Jones, Chair
Baroness Bakewell, Member
Lord Giddens, Member
Baroness Grender, Member
Lord Hollick, Member
Lord Holmes of Richmond, Member
Lord Levene of Portsoken, Member
Lord Bishop of Oxford, Member
Lord Puttnam, Member
Viscount Ridley, Member
Baroness Rock, Member
Lord St John of Bletso, Member
Lord Swinfen, Member
Citizenship and Civic Engagement Committee
Lord Hodgson of Astley Abbotts, Chair
Baroness Barker, Member
Lord Blunkett, Member
Lord Harries of Pentregarth, Member
Baroness Lister of Burtersett, Member
Baroness Morris of Yardley, Member
Baroness Newlove, Member
Baroness Pitkeathley, Member
Baroness Redfern, Member
Lord Rowe-Beddoe, Member
Baroness Stedman-Scott, Member
Lord Verjee, Member
- Graham Simpson has replaced John Scott as a member of the Delegated Powers and Law Reform Committee.
- Jamie Halcro Johnston has replaced Bill Bowman as a member of the Economy, Jobs and Fair Work Committee.
- Oliver Mundell has been appointed as a member of the Education and Skills Committee.
- Donald Cameron has replaced Maurice Golden as a member of the Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform Committee.
- John Scott has replaced Alexander Burnett as a member of the Environment, Climate Change and Land Reform Committee.
- Jamie Greene has replaced Jeremy Balfour as a member of the Equalities and Human Rights Committee.
- Alexander Burnett has replaced Liam Kerr as a member of the Finance and Constitution Committee.
- Brian Whittle replaced Donald Cameron as a member of the Health and Sport Committee.
- Liam Kerr replaced Oliver Mundell as a member of the Justice Committee.
- Maurice Corry appointed as a member of the Justice Committee.
- Bill Bowman has been appointed as a member of the Public Audit and Post-legislative Scrutiny Committee.
- Michelle Ballantyne replaced Maurice Corry as a member of the Public Petitions Committee.
- Jeremy Balfour has replaced Gordon Lindhurst as a member of the Social Security Committee.
- Jamie Halcro Johnston has replaced John Scott as a member of the Standards, Procedures and Public Appointments Committee.
- Gareth Bennet has replaced Vikki Howells as a member of the Climate Change, Environment and Rural Affairs Committee.
- Mike Hedges has replaced Gareth Bennett as a member of the Petitions Committee.
- Vikki Howells has replaced Mike Hedges as a member of the Public Accounts Committee.
- Gareth Bennett has replaced David Rowlands as a member of the Business Committee.
- Neil Hamilton has been appointed as a member of the Finance Committee.
- David Rowlands has been appointed as a member of the Scrutiny of the First Minister Committee.
Northern Ireland Assembly
- Trevor Clarke has been appointed the new DUP Member of the Legislative Assembly for South Antrim, replacing Paul Girvan.
- This week the European Parliament is in plenary session in Strasbourg.