This week’s Political Updates, covers moves and changes at all levels of government.
- Colin Matthews has been reappointed as Chair of Highways England at the Department for Transport.
- Sandra Boss and Mark Yallop have been reappointed as external members of the Prudential Regulation Committee at HM Treasury.
- Simon Lester has become Managing Director of the Aircraft Carrier Alliance at the Ministry of Defence.
- Ben Merrick has been appointed as Director of Oversees Territories and also Commissioner of the British Antarctic Territory and Commissioner of the British Indian Ocean Territory at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- Kezia Dugdale has stood down as Leader of Scottish Labour. Alex Rowley is in the role as Acting Leader.
- Dawn Butler has been appointed as Shadow Minister for Women and Equalities, replacing Sarah Champion, and is expected to continue as Shadow Minister for Diverse Communities.
House of Commons
- The House of Commons returns from recess on Tuesday 5th September.
House of Lords
- The House of Lords returns from recess on Tuesday 5th September.
- The Scottish returns from recess on Tuesday 5 September.
- Nora Senior has become Chair of the Strategic Board for Enterprise and Skills in the Scottish Government.
National Assembly for Wales
- The National Assembly for Wales is in recess until Monday 18 September.
Northern Ireland Assembly
- Helen Ferguson, Helena Macormac, Paul Mageean, Samuel John McCallister, Edmond Rooney and Graham Shields will replace Christine Collins, John Corey, Milton Kerr, Grainia Long, Alan McBride, Marion Reynolds and Paul Yam as Commissioners of the Northern Ireland Human Rights Commission.
- The European Parliament will be in Brussels this week for group meetings and committee meetings.