Our latest white paper, The GDPR Made Simple, is now available online.
The GDPR is the biggest shake up of data protection law in the last 20 years, and will affect every country in the EU (yes, including the UK – even after we leave).
We’ve seen lots of content and guidance online, but unfortunately not everything seems to give a clear picture of what the GDPR means for you and what you need to do to comply.
The GDPR Made Simple aims to cut through the noise, simply spelling out what the GDPR is, what it means for your day-to-day practices and how you can easily comply with the GDPR.
The GDPR comes into force on Friday, but it’s unlikely everyone will be fully compliant by then. What’s important is being able to show you’re making the right effort to understand the Regulation and implement best practice across your business.
This white paper covers:
- What the GDPR is, and what types of data it includes
- When you’re a Data Controller and what that means your responsibilities are
- Individual’s rights and what they mean for your data processing
- What a lawful basis is and why you need to have one
- How to work with Subject Access Requests
One of the most fundamental parts of the GDPR is knowing what it is and understanding your obligations for compliance. That means you can’t give a third party responsibility for complying with the GDPR, which is why guides like this are so important.