Today’s Media Updates covers moves and changes including appointments at Stand Out, DC Thomson Media, Business & Finance and the Despatch.
News & Politics
- The Despatch has been relaunched by the team responsible for The Northern Echo. The newspaper, which hasn’t been published for 31 years, now serves Darlington, Bishop Auckland, Spennymoor, Newton Aycliffe and Willington.
- DC Thomson Publishing has rebranded and is now DC Thomson Media. This reflects its role as a modern media creator and distributor.
- Charlene McElhinney has been appointed lifestyle editor at the Strathclyde Telegraph.
- Lauren Barnett has been appointed editorial assistant at Stand Out magazine. Prior to this role, Lauren was editor at Park World.
- Stephen Dorney has joined Business & Finance as a multimedia journalist.
- Louise Denvir has been appointed online content and social media manager at the Irish Farmers Journal. Louise was previously a broadcast journalist at RTE.
Everyone who moves jobs or changes publication is updated in the the Vuelio Media Database, which lists thousands of journalists, bloggers, influencers, publications and media outlets. You can access them all in one place.