Today’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at UK titles including Mail on Sunday, Glamour, Time Inc and TheBusinessDesk.com.
News & Politics
- Eve Simmons has been appointed health reporter at the Mail on Sunday. Eve was previously a digital production editor at The Sun. Eve will remain co-editor of the blog NOT PLANT BASED.
- The Birmingham Mail, Birmingham Post and Sunday Mercury are set to move back to Birmingham City Centre. Currently located at Fort Dunlop, the titles are due to relocate to Embassy House on Church Street by the end of the year.
- Jo Elvin has decided to stand down from her role as editor in chief at Glamour. This follows the recent announcement that Glamour is to adopt a ‘digital first’ strategy and become a biannual publication.
- Charlotte Moore, editor-in-chief of InStyle UK, is expanding her role to become digital content director across Time Inc. Alongside her role at InStyle, Charlotte will work with Trish Halpin, editor-in-chief of Marie Claire, to continue the editorial development of marieclaire.co.uk. In addition, Holly Rains has been promoted to digital editor of marieclaire.co.uk. Holly joined the team as deputy digital editor in May 2016.
- Helen Carter has been appointed North West editor at TheBusinessDesk.com. Helen has most recently been a BBC journalist at North West Tonight and BBC News Online. Previously, she covered the north for the Guardian for 12 years.
The Vuelio Media Database lists thousands of journalists, bloggers, publications and media outlets. Find out more about our media database here.