This week’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including the Guardian and Trinity Mirror; fashion, lifestyle and entertainment titles including The Sunday Times and The Daily Telegraph; business and finance changes at Haymarket Media and Retail Week; Health, Science & Technology changes at Siliconrepublic and Pocketgamer.
News & Current Affairs
· The Guardian Media Group (GMG) has announced that Andrew Miller, chief executive, is to stand down at the end of June 2015
· After more than 18 months of development, the Guardian has unveiled a new site for its readers in the UK and around the world
· Sam Meadows has been appointed reporter at Hertfordshire Mercury
· Huw Silk has been appointed multimedia journalist at WalesOnline. He was previously a reporter at the Northamptonshire Telegraph
· Luke Jacobs has been appointed digital development editor at Kent Regional News and Media
· Trinity Mirror has appointed Keith Perry editor of the Coventry Telegraph. Keith, currently football editor with the Birmingham Mail, was previously sports editor of the Telegraph for five years
Business & Finance
· Investment Week has undergone a redesign to coincide with the 20th anniversary of its parent company Incisive Media
· Rebecca Rutt has been appointed senior insurance writer at MoneySavingExpert.com
· Luke Tugby has been appointed reporter at Retail Week
· Alastair Lewis has been appointed brand director of Haymarket Consumer Electronics, working with business development director Mike Walsh and the editor-in-chief of What Hi-Fi?, Andy Clough. Alastair, who takes on his new role from 1 Feb, will also retain responsibility for Haymarket’s international licensing business.
· What Car? and Autocar will unite under brand director Rachael Prasher
· Lee Williams, who joined Haymarket in 2013 as director of PistonHeads, takes on the new role of director of digital revenues
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
· The Sunday Times has appointed Jackie Annesley editor of its fashion and lifestyle supplement Style magazine, following four months as its acting editor.
· Sara McAlpine has been appointed fashion assistant at the Daily Telegraph
· Katy Spry has been appointed editorial assistant at Shout magazine
· Kelly Wilks has been appointed deputy editor at Girl Talk magazine
· Marie Kelly has been appointed as fashion editor at Image magazine
· Laura Cole has been appointed as acting associate editor at That’s Life
Health, Science & Technology
· Alysia Judge has been appointed news editor at PocketGamer.biz
· Ars Technica, the US technology news site owned by Condé Nast, launches in the UK. Sebastian Anthony has been appointed senior editor of the title.
· Elaine Burke has been promoted to managing editor at siliconrepublic
Howzat! The UK’s Top 10 Cricket Blogs just ahead of the Cricket World Cup
The fourth annual Social Journalism Study from Cision and Canterbury Christ Church University confirms that the technology remains central to journalists even as their approach becomes more selective.
An interview with Phoebe Greenacre, author of the travel and lifestyle blog, Wood & Luxe
If you have any media changes let us know on Twitter @Media_Updates or you can email Priyanka Dayal