This week’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including, The Gloucestershire Echo, The Gloucester Citizen, The Sun on Sunday; lifestyle titles including Lonely Planet Traveller, Now, Red, World Cruising Magazine, HomeStyle, InStyle, heat, SLiNK, OK!; business and finance titles including New Model Adviser, National Housing Federation, Mergermarket, FT, MMG Publishing, Insurance Insider, Alliance News, International Business Times UK.
News & current affairs
- Lucy Parford has returned from maternity leave at The Gloucestershire Echo and The Gloucester Citizen in a new position of features digital editor
- Three regional BBC Radio managing editors have swapped roles. Sanjiv Buttoo moves from BBC Radio York to BBC Radio Leeds, Simon Pattern, the former managing editor at Radio Humberside has taken Buttoo’s role at BBC Radio York and Martyn Weston has switched to Humberside from BBC Radio Sheffield
- Lauren Laverne has been appointed host of the new monthly Radio 4 show, Late Night Woman’s Hour
- BBC diplomatic correspondent Bridget Kendall is to leave the corporation to become Master of Peterhouse College at the University of Cambridge. Kendall starts her new role in July.
- The Sun on Sunday has stopped publishing Guido Fawkes’ column, bringing to an end its three-year partnership with Paul Staines’ blog
Fashion, lifestyle and entertainment
- Gabrielle Jaffe has been appointed contributing editor at Lonely Planet Traveller. She was previously features editor at Coast magazine
- Lydia Thompson has been appointed fashion and beauty editor at Now, replacing Gilly Ferguson who has now joined Look as editor
- Fong Chau has been appointed digital editor at Red. Roanna Price has been appointed social media and fashion editor at Red. Sarah Tomczak has resumed her role as features director at Red following her maternity leave.
- Louise Robinson has been appointed editor at World of Cruising Magazine. She was previously the editor of the Sunday Express’s S Magazine.
- Wedding Magazine is ceasing in April 2016 and will only be viewable online
- Stephanie Durrant has been appointed assistant editor at HomeStyle. She was previously deputy editor at Sew
- Josh Newis-Smith has been appointed shopping editor at InStyle. He was previously junior fashion editor at Grazia
- Caroline Robb has started her role as deputy editor at heat. She was previously associate editor at Closer
- Catherine Earp has been promoted to night editor & deputy news editor at OK! (Online). Kiara Keane has joined as online reporter at OK! (Online). She was previously features assistant at Marie Claire
- Jenny Morrell has been appointed beauty editor at SLiNK
Business and finance
- Alex Steger has left his role as editor at New Model Adviser. He will be replaced by Will Robins
- Emily Twinch has left her role as web editor at Inside Housing to go freelance
- Rob Cowley has left his role as data editor at Social Housing to join the National Housing Federation
- Christel Thunell has been promoted to head of Nordics at Mergermarket. She was previously the Nordic Correspondent at Mergermarket.
- Robin Kwong has been appointed Special Projects Editor at the FT. Mark Vandevelde has been appointed global retail correspondent at the FT. He was previously the executive comments editor
- MMG Publishing has purchased Total Lighting magazine from Aston Greenlake Publishing Ltd
- Matthew Neill has been appointed as graduate reporter at Insurance Insider