Today’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including the John Motson, the MailOnline, Telegraph and Stylist.
News & Current Affairs
- John Motson, the legendary BBC football commentator, has announced the current football season will be his last. Motty, 72, has been with the BBC for 50 years, commentating on 10 World Cups, 10 European Championships, 29 FA Cup Finals and over 200 England games.
- Latoya Gayle has been appointed UK online junior Femail reporter at MailOnline. Latoya was previously junior content writer at Exquisite Essex.
- Daniel Chipperfield is now weekend news editor at Gloucestershire Live. Daniel was previously chief city reporter at the Gloucester Citizen.
- Matt Withers has been appointed digital editor at The New European, overseeing the title’s website and social media channels. He will perform the role alongside his existing position as digital specialist project manager at Archant.
Business & Finance
- Jenny Darmody has been promoted to careers editor at Silicon Republic.
- Ines Nastali has been appointed editor at Materials World. Ines was previously industry editor at The Marine Professional.
- Anita Bhagwandas has been appointed beauty director at Stylist. Anita is the former senior beauty and health editor at Marie Claire.
- Orla Pentelow has been appointed luxury assistant at the Telegraph. Orla was previously at Vogue.
The Vuelio Media Database lists thousands of journalists, bloggers, publications and media outlets.