The #VuelioVoice podcast covering the major trending stories from the worlds of media, marketing and PR this week.
Listen to Akeshia Clarke and Jake O’Neill discuss five things you shouldn’t have missed.
This week the stories include:
1. Women on front pages – a new report from Women in Journalism has revealed that just a meager 25% of front page stories contain female bylines. We explore why female journalists aren’t getting the coverage they deserve.
2. A tale of two bookies – Paddy Power has this week fallen foul of ASA’s advertising rules while Betfair has announced a new celebrity endorsement with Rio Ferdinand in its Defender to Contender project. We discuss the opposing marketing strategies.
3. Heidi Klum’s designer clothing – Heidi Klum has launched a new range of clothing with Lidl. We explore how the supermarket is appealing to a luxury-loving audience while maintaining its low prices.
4. Ryan Air in the news – Ryan Air’s pilots are all taking their holiday at the same time due to a planning ‘mess up’. The airline’s CEO has made some controversial comments but also defended the company’s relationship with its pilots.
5. Morrisons focuses on staff – another supermarket story as Morrisons has refocused its advertising on the staff it has in store and the fresh, on-site goods they’re creating. We look at how the company, like Lidl, is repositioning itself after positive results.