This week’s Political Updates, covers moves and changes at all levels of government.
- Louise Smyth has been appointed as Chief Executive of Companies House at the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy.
- Silla Maizey has been re-appointed as Chair of the NHS Business Services Authority at the Department of Health.
- Lindsay Croisdale-Appleby has been appointed as Director-General for EU Exit at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
House of Commons
- Rob Greig is standing down as Director of Parliamentary Digital Service.
- The House of Commons is in recess. The House will return on Tuesday 5th September.
House of Lords
- The House of Lords is in recess. The House will return on Tuesday 5th September.
- The Scottish parliament is in recess until Tuesday 5 September.
- The Welsh Assembly is in recess until Monday 18 September.
- The European Parliament is in recess until Monday 21 August.