This week’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including the Daily Telegraph and Buzzfeed; fashion, lifestyle and entertainment titles including the BBC and Sunday Times Style; and business and finance changes at Architects’ Journal and Event magazine.
News & Current Affairs
- Jason Seiken has announced his departure from the Telegraph Media Group, where he was chief content officer and editor-in-chief
- Hilary Wardle has announced via Twitter that she is to join Buzzfeed as its new Scotland Editor
- Peter Spencer has left his role as sports editor at the Manchester Evening News. He had been at the title for 30 years
- Andy Goodall has left his role as deputy sports editor at the Bournemouth Echo
- Kerri-Ann Roper has been appointed entertainment editor at the Press Association
- Tim Jones, previously the group editor for Newsquest’s East London & West Essex titles, has been announced as group editor for all titles across Newsquest North London, including the Times Series
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Dan McGolphin has been named as controller, BBC Daytime. Reporting into BBC One Controller Charlotte Moore, McGolpin will have responsibility for all daytime commissioning across BBC One and BBC Two, alongside The One Show and 6-7pm on BBC Two
- Jasmine Gardner has been appointed features editor at the Sunday Times Style. She was previously deputy features and tech editor at the London Evening Standard
- Anna-Marie DeSouza has been appointed associate editor at Good Homes magazine. She was previously editor at Build It! magazine.
- Delphine Chui has been appointed Senior Features Writer at Hello! Fashion Monthly magazine. She can be reached on +44 (0)20 7667 8717, firstname.lastname@example.org and will be covering celebrity interviews, parties, lifestyle, weddings and culture
- George Driver has been appointed beauty assistant at InStyle
- Gabrielle Dyer has been appointed beauty assistant at Look magazine
Business & Finance
- Rory Olcayto has been appointed as the Architects’ Journal’s new editor, taking over from Christine Murray. The appointment follows a 14-month tenure as acting editor while Christine was on maternity leave. Christine has joined the AJ’s sister title The Architectural Review as editor.
- Brea Carter has been appointed news editor at Event magazine.