Today’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at UK titles including the James Harding, Glamour, Question Time, Healthy.
News & Politics
- James Harding, director of News and Current Affairs at the BBC, will stand down at the beginning of the new year. James is leaving the BBC to set up his own news media venture.
- Hilary O’Neill has been appointed editor of BBC One’s Question Time. She has worked in senior editorial positions at the BBC for 20 years, most recently as deputy editor of the BBC News at Six and Ten bulletins. Hilary will take up her new role in coming weeks and will be based in Mentorn Scotland’s Glasgow office.
- Glamour magazine has announced a new ‘digital first’ strategy that will see it’s monthly print edition become biannual. The final monthly issue of Glamour will be December’s.
- Hattie Parish has been appointed lifestyle writer at Healthy, the magazine for Holland & Barrett. Hattie was previously editorial assistant at WI Life.
- Katie McQuater has been appointed deputy editor across Research Live and IMPACT. Katie was previously magazine editor at The Drum.
The Vuelio Media Database lists thousands of journalists, bloggers, publications and media outlets. Get the database here.