This week’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including the BBC, The Sun and The Huffington Post; fashion, lifestyle and entertainment titles including Digital Spy and Spindle; business and finance changes at Construction News and Ground Engineering; Health, Science & Technology changes at Healthy.
News & Current Affairs
- Kate McCann is to join The Sun as Whitehall correspondent in January. She is currently politics reporter at City A.M
- Allan Little, the BBC reporter who covered the first Gulf War and the Rwandan genocide, has announced he will leave the BBC at the end of 2014
- Mehdi Hasan is to leave his position of political director at the Huffington Post to take on a new role at Al Jazeera English
- Nigel Pauley has been appointed acting TV editor at the Sunday Mirror, covering Emma Pryer’s maternity leave
- Damian Kavanagh, BBC Controller of Daytime, and current BBC Three Project Lead has been confirmed as BBC Three Digital Controller, starting in January. Jo Street, Commissioning Editor Daytime, will take on the role of Acting Controller Daytime while recruitment for this position takes place
- Ynyr Williams is BBC Radio Cymru’s new Deputy Editor. He starts his new role in the new year after seven years as series producer of Pobol y Cwm
- Duncan Hooper, currently UK News and Sport Managing Editor at MSN UK, has announced on Twitter that he is to leave the website to join Euronews
Business & Finance
- Gavriel Hollander has been appointed news editor at Construction News. He was previously news editor at Legal Week
- Nadine Buddoo has been appointed deputy editor at Ground Engineering
- SpecFinish magazine is relocating to new offices from 2 January 2015. The new address is: Althorpe Enterprise Hub, Althorpe Street, Leamington Spa, CV31 2GB
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Lucy Thackray has been appointed commissioning editor at Sunday Times Travel Magazine
- Catherine Hudson has been promoted to beauty & fashion editor at Prima Baby & Pregnancy and to content editor at juniormagazine.co.uk
- Hunter Skipworth has left his role as technology editor at Digital Spy. From the 5th Jan he will be the editor of the website evo.co.uk
- Jocks and Nerds, the style and culture men’s quarterly, has launched a website focusing on news, diary updates and video interviews, as well as consumer and product-led information for readers
- Eliza Frost has been appointed as online editor of Spindle
- Wales Arts Review has announced its closure via a post on its Facebook page
Health, Science & Technology
- Healthy, the health and wellbeing magazine published for Holland & Barrett by content marketing agency The River Group, is set to launch on newsstands nationwide in the UK and Republic of Ireland
Our annual list of Britain’s leading blogs – see who’s up, who’s down, and who’s knocked Guido off top spot.
It’s Week Three of Cision’s #JingleBlogs advent calendar, with the country’s top political, travel and street art bloggers in the spotlight. Check it out.