This week’s Media Updates covers changes at news titles including BBC, Cork Independent and Derby Telegraph; fashion and lifestyle changes at House & Garden and business changes at Financial Times, Transform and Real Business. There is also a blog spotlight featuring a interiors blogger.
News & Current Affairs
- Claer Barrett has confirmed via Twitter that she has started a new role as senior online reporter at the Financial Times.
- Andy Akinwolere is to join BBC Inside Out West Midlands from 1 September.
- Chris Towner will leave his role as editor of Stratford-upon-Avon Herald in August. Chris will be replaced by Amanda Chalmers.
- Cork Independent has announced via Twitter that Wendy Good is the new editor of the paper.
- Lara Kilner, contributing editor at Notebook magazine, has begun her maternity leave.
- Chris Peddy has been appointed as a reporter at the Derby Telegraph.
- Dominic Shaw has left his role of reporter at the Hartlepool Mail.
- Ferrari Press Agency has appointed Lucy Clarke-Billings as a reporter.
- Steve Canavan has left his role of entertainment writer for the Blackpool Gazette.
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- House & Garden has announced via Twitter that they have appointed Hatta Byng as editor.
- Stream Publishing is to re-launch and reinvent the in-flight magazine for Flybe, with a new name Flight Time scheduled for 1 September.
Business & Finance
- The Financial Times has appointed Shannon Bond as US media and marketing correspondent as of 30 June. Shannon was previously a general assignment reporter for the organisation.
- The Chartered Institute of Logistics & Transport has appointed former content team editor Melanie Stark as editor of their journal, and its PR manager. Melanie takes over from David Jinks after he became Head of PR and Publications at ParcelHero.com.
- Cravenhill Publishing has launched Transform, a global magazine focused on rebranding and brand development.
- Emma Maier has been appointed as editor of Inside Housing.
- Jack Flanagan has announced via Twitter that he has joined Real Business as a reporter.
- An interview with Kate Waters, author of the interiors blog, The Inside Story. As a PR professional herself, Kate gives us an insider’s view on how bloggers can best collaborate with brand marketers, advice on how new bloggers can make an impression on readers and a peek into what will be big on her site in the coming months.