This week’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including BBC News, the FT, Esquire, Vogue, and more.
News & Current Affairs
- Trinity Mirror has announced the £220m acquisition of Local World, a move that will create the UK’s largest regional newspaper group
- Gary Smith, current UK news editor for BBC News, has been appointed Head of News and Current Affairs at BBC Scotland. He is expected to take up the role in the new year
- Sebastian Payne has been appointed digital comment editor at the FT. He is currently deputy editor of the Spectator’s Coffee House blog
- Kate Wilson has been appointed reporter at the Bournemouth Echo
Fashion, lifestyle and entertainment
- Paul Wilson has been appointed acting features editor at Esquire, covering Miranda Collinge’s maternity leave.
- Ellie Pithers has been appointed fashion features editor at Vogue. She was previously senior fashion news and features editor at the Daily Telegraph.
- Penny Travers has been appointed digital and social media writer at You and Your Wedding
Business and finance
- Hayley Kirton has been appointed reporter at City AM
- Amie Keeley has been appointed news editor at Travel Weekly. Keely was previously the news editor at the Ilford Recorder and Romford Recorder
- Jake Groves has been appointed content editor at Auto Express. He replaces Tom Goodlad, who is leaving for Carbuyer.co.uk
- Simone Hellyer has been appointed assistant editor at Building Products. She was previously editorial assistant
- Martin Green has been appointed editor of Gambling Insider, He arrives from Off Licence News, where he was deputy editor
- Peta Fuller has been appointed reporter at Post