The CIPR has announced its Institute’s Board of Directors for 2019, with all three honorary officer positions held by women.
A first in the 70-year history of the CIPR, the president and two vice president roles are all occupied by women.
The line-up includes president Emma Leech, director of marketing and advancement at Loughborough University; vice president Jenni Field, director at Redefining Communications; and vice president Sarah Hall, managing director at Sarah Hall Consulting.
Elected members include:
- Stuart Bruce, management consultant, Stuart Bruce Associates
- Lindsey Collumbell, public relations and membership consultant, Bojangle Communications
- Eva Maclaine, principal, Maclaine Communications
- Amanda Pearse, head of public and partner relations, Plymouth City Council
- Steve Shepperson-Smith, senior corporate communications manager, Vodafone
Co-opted members include:
- Shirley Collyer, director, Lansons
- Ronke Lawal, PR and communications consultant, Ariatu Public Relations
- Avril Lee, deputy global healthcare practice chair, Burson-Marsteller
Emma Leech, CIPR president said: ‘Our 2019 board is a powerhouse of talent, experience and perspectives. We are committed to the CIPR’s 3-year strategic plan and look forward to engaging with and representing professionals from all areas of our thriving industry.’