This week’s Media Updates covers changes at news titles including Independent, London Guardian and BBC Radio; fashion and lifestyle changes at The London Magazine, Homes & Antiques and Knit Today and business changes at Sky News and Air Cargo News.
News & Current Affairs
- Clive James will leave his role as TV critic on The Telegraph after 3 years.
- Richard Hall has announced via Twitter that he has left his role as assistant foreign editor at The Independent.
- Guardian News & Media has announced that Rafael Behr will join the Guardian as a political columnist in June. Rafael was previously political editor of the New Statesman.
- Willie Mack has been appointed editor of The Oban Times.
- Littlehampton Gazette has promoted Tom Cotterill to chief reporter.
- Maggie Doyle is joining BBC Radio Kent’s Breakfast Show as a presenter.
- Lauren Wafer-Kiddle has joined the Halifax Courier as a reporter.
- Rachel Parry has joined The Star as a reporter.
- Helen Barnett has been appointed crime reporter at The Southend Echo.
- The Slough & South Bucks Observer and Royal Borough Observer will be moving to, 3 Etongate, 112 Windsor Road, Slough, SL1 2JA on 2 June.
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Sophy Grimshaw has been appointed editor of The London Magazine.
- Sam Scott-Jeffries has announced via Twitter that she is to join as editor of Homes & Antiques.
- Louisa Castle has been appointed editor of The Cheshire Magazine.
- Knit Today magazine has unveiled a new look to its magazine which is available now.
- The People’s Friend has re-launched its website.
Business & Finance
- Sky News is to launch Ian King Live on 2 June. It will broadcast Monday to Thursday at 6.30pm.
- Air Cargo Week has announced via Twitter that James Muir has joined as a reporter.
- EMAP has announced the appointment of Ruth Faulkner as editor of Retail Jeweller.