This week’s Media Updates covers changes at news titles including the Daily Telegraph, Mail Online and Warrington Guardian; fashion and lifestyle changes at the Press Association, BBC Top Gear Magazine and NME; business and finance changes at Sunday Business Post, Professional Pensions and Management Today. Also, find out what’s new on Cision’s blog including the Top 10 Beer blogs and blogger outreach.
News & Current Affairs
- Piers Morgan joins Mail Online as Editor at Large (US)
- Ben Riley-Smith has joined the Daily Telegraph as political correspondent
- Mark Bradley has left his role as editor at Wakefield Express after 10 years in the position
- Nicola Priest, editor of the Warrington Guardian has retired from her role after 27 years with the Warrington Guardian Series. Gareth Dunning has now been appointed acting editor at the publication
- David Carnduff has been appointed acting editor of the Largs and Millport News after Drew Cochrane‘s retirement as editor of the publication.
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Dennis Publishing launches new print magazine focused on the best bikes and kit for road cyclists, Bikes Etc
- Katie Wright has been appointed fashion & beauty editor at the Press Association
- BBC Top Gear Magazine‘s senior road test editor Piers Ward has now left the publication
- The publishers of Kentishtowner launch Gasholder, a lifestyle title focused on all cultural developments in, around and near King’s Cross and St Pancras.
- Joel Cooper has been appointed as the deputy news editor and Jodie Spragg has been appointed junior fashion & beauty assistant at Star
- Jenny Stevens has left her role as deputy news editor at NME to join the Guardian as commissioning editor for culture
- Lisa Jarvis has been appointed acting deputy editor at new!. She will be covering for deputy editor Rhona Mercer who is now on maternity leave. Sarah Morton is now acting assistant editor (news) and Julia Brooks has been promoted from deputy news editor to news editor. Zara Zubeidi has also been promoted to senior writer and online editor
Business & Finance
- Andrew Critchlow, previously business news editor at the Daily Telegraph, has now been appointed as commodities editor and columnist at the publication
- Jack Torrance has left his role as deputy editor at Real Business and now joined Management Today as a web reporter
- Helen Morrissey has been appointed editor of Professional Pensions, succeeding Jonathan Stapleton, who has been promoted to be editor-in-chief of Professional Pensions and Workplace Savings & Benefits
- Ian Kehoe has been named as the new editor of Sunday Business Post replacing Cliff Taylor who stepped down in July
- Inside Housing‘s features editor Lydia Stockdale has left the publication after 5 years
Health, Science & Technology
- Tanya Combrinck, digital editor at net has now left the magazine
Right on time for Oktoberfest celebrations! Beer Blogs UK Top 10
Fashion blogger Stephanie West spoke to Cision about what makes her blog different, being open to brand advertisers that are true to her content and the role social media plays for bloggers and brands.
An interview with cycling blogger Andreas Kambanis, author of London Cyclist. Andreas spoke to us about how the subject of cycling is catching up on the blogosphere, why working with marketers is a win-win for brands and bloggers and best practices for PR to follow when pitching to bloggers.