This week’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including The Times, Guardian and the Evening Standard; fashion, lifestyle and entertainment titles including BBC Good Food, OK! and Elle and business and finance changes at City A.M. and HR Grapevine
News & Current Affairs
- Times executive editor Roger Alton has left the paper, five years after joining the News UK title
- Lee Glendinning has been appointed editor of Guardian US. The Guardian News & Media (GNM) also announced that Paul Johnson will remain deputy editor of Guardian News & Media; Emily Wilson will stay on as editor of Guardian Australia; and John Mulholland will remain editor of The Observer, while also becoming assistant editor, the Guardian
- Gordon Wilson, night editor of the Derby Telegraph, has now retired after more than three decades in the newsroom
- Sophia Sleigh has been appointed news reporter on the night news team at London Evening Standard. She was previously chief reporter at the Wandsworth Guardian
- Phil Johnson has been appointed editor of the Southern Reporter and Selkirk Weekend Advertiser. He succeeds Susan Windram, who has joined Scottish Field magazine.
- Eoin Quinn has been appointed deputy editor of the Irish Independent
- Louise Hogan has been appointed farming editor of the Irish Independent
- Helen Keates, news editor and travel content editor at South Wales Evening Post, has left her role at the publication
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment .
- BBC Good Food has appointed Christine Hayes as brand editorial director
- Charlotte Brook has been appointed features assistant/editor’s assistant at Elle Decoration. She moves from Town&Country where she had been editorial assistant
- Zoe Briggs has been promoted to digital lifestyle editor at OK! magazine having previously been senior news reporter
- Jessica Moorhouse has been appointed as writer/reporter at Sainsbury’s Magazine
- Katie Rosseinsky has been appointed style assistant at Time Out London. She was previously shopping and style writer at the title on a temporary contract
- Rachel Cocker has been appointed as deputy features editor at The Daily Telegraph. She was previously acting features director at Grazia.
Business & Finance
- Christian May has been appointed editor at City A.M.
- Rod Addy has been appointed editor at GlobalMeatNews
- Eric Johansson has been appointed as staff writer at HR Grapevine
- Emma Channon has been appointed as a reporter at Meeting & Incentive Travel
- Lizzie Cernik has been appointed news editor at Conference & Incentive Travel
Food Blogs UK Top 10
Cision UK announces UK’s Top 10 Food Blogs for 2015. Go on, indulge!
Luiz Hara author of top food blog, The London Foodie, has a lot on his plate. From food and hotel reviews, Luiz is moving into travel and has already worked with top hospitality brands to make it happen. He has also written a cookbook which is being published later this year. In this interview Luiz talks about the blog, the book, his supper club, blogger compensation, best practices and more.
Cision UK’s latest webinar, The State of Social PR, that took place last week, was a raging success. How do we know that? From the comments, questions and observations that continue to pour in from the PRs in attendance, highlighting some of the key issues faced by the industry and addressed by our guest speaker at the webinar, Stuart Wilson, head of corporate affairs, communications and marketing at Skills Development Scotland. While we answered most questions real-time, Stuart took time out to follow-up on some of the others that were raised