This week’s Media Updates covers changes at news titles including The Sun and Daily Telegraph, fashion and lifestyle changes at BLISS and Homes & Antiques.
News & Current Affairs
- Shaun Custis has been promoted to head of sport at The Sun. Shaun will start the role in July.
- BBC Radio 2 has announced a new live show ‘After Midnight’. It is scheduled seven days a week from midnight to 3am.
- Ben Falconer, currently chief reporter of the Gloucester Citizen, has been appointed editor of Stroud Life. Ben replaces Jason Chareb, who has been appointed chief sub-editor and head of production at Gloucestershire Media.
- Essex Chronicle Media Group has appointed Paul Dent-Jones as senior editor. Paul will continue his role as editor of the Essex Chronicle.
- Ashley Clarke has joined The Daily Telegraph as Fashion Assistant.
- Darren Isted has left his role of editor at The Comet and The Royston Crow.
- Alex Brown has left his role of assistant news editor at South Wales Evening Post.
- Alana Lewis news editor at Llanelli Star has announced via Twitter that she is now on maternity leave.
- Paul Thompson has stepped down as sports reporter of the Sheffield Star.
- James Crawley has been appointed reporter at The Bath Chronicle.
- London24.com has re-launched with a new design.
- The Press & Journal has launched a new subscription-based website.
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- BLISS magazine has announced via Twitter that it will close and the July issue will be the last.
- Immediate Media Co has announced the appointment of Samantha Scott-Jeffries as editor of Homes & Antiques.
- Scottish Wedding Directory has appointed Natasha Radmehr as editor of its print title.
- Immediate Media Co has announced the acquisition of Future Publishing’s Sport and Craft titles in a £24m deal.
- Tahira, author of the food blog, Ramblings of a Food Addict, spoke to us about writing honest reviews and being appreciated by her readers for it, her expectations of brand marketers and plans to move on from reviewing small eateries to ‘more anticipated restaurants’ this year.
- Gill Bland, author of the food blog, Tales of Pigling Bland, spoke to us about keeping her writing true to herself, working with brand marketers and blogging monthly for kitchen appliance company Rangemaster.