This week’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including the Daily Telegraph, Trinity Mirror and Express.co.uk; fashion, lifestyle and entertainment titles including GQ Style and Metro; business and finance changes at Property Week and BQ Scotland; and health, science and technology changes at T3 magazine
News & Current Affairs
- Hannah Strange has been appointed foreign editor at the Daily Telegraph
- Kevin Schofield, chief political correspondent at the Sun, , has been appointed as the new editor at PoliticsHome
- Trinity Mirror is preparing to reduce content on its digital media brands UsVsTh3m and Ampp3d, the company announced on its website. The Guardian reported that these digital media brands are set to be sacrificed with staff roles in UK expected to be lost ahead of company’s expansion in North America
- Tom Parfitt has been appointed overnight news reporter at Express.co.uk and the Dailystar.co.uk
- Nikki Jeffrey has been appointed content editor at Chichester Observer
- Regional publisher Newsquest is launching a new paid-for newspaper, The Wilmslow Guardian, in Cheshire
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Matt Christie has been appointed editor at Boxing News
- Cliff Joannou has been appointed deputy editor at Attitude magazine
- James Leyfield has been appointed assistant TV and showbiz editor at Mirror Online
- Hanna Flint has been appointed acting entertainment editor at Metro.co.uk. She was previously online showbiz reporter at Mail Online
- Charlotte Gush has been appointed assistant news editor at i-D
- Elgar Johnson has been appointed fashion director at GQ Style
Business & Finance
- Peter Ranscombe has been appointed editor at BQ Scotland. He was previously the business correspondent at the Scotsman
- Helen Crane has been appointed news reporter at Property Week. She was previously the acting online editor at Third Sector
Health, Science & Technology
- T3 has relaunched and now comes in a bigger size with added features and new editorial sections
Our latest ranking brings to you the best bloomin’ tips for your garden
JJ Miller, blogger on London Loves, a blogger-agency networking event that took place at the swanky members-only club and restaurant Le Peep Boutique in Mayfair, London, on 7 May.
Communications freelancer, poet and short story writer by day, Leah Larwood’s fiction was shortlisted for the prestigious Bridport Prize 2014. A self-confessed “Secret Lemonade Drinker”, she tells us more about her night-time pursuits, her food and travel blog (with soul), Roots and Toots.
Kimberly Duran, author of the interior design blog, Swoon Worthy, spoke to us about the boho glam influence behind her blog, media kits, social and more.