This week’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including City A.M and Lancashire Telegraph; fashion, lifestyle and entertainment titles including The Sunday Times, Cosmopolitan, Stylist and Marie Claire and business and finance changes at PrintWeek, Retail Week and Mining Magazine.
News & Current Affairs
- Lauren Fedor has been appointed political reporter at City A.M.
- Jessica Cree has left her role of crime reporter at the Lancashire Telegraph
- Anthony Lewis has been appointed reporter at Penarth Times
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Holly Coopey has been promoted to junior fashion editor from her previous role of fashion coordinator at Cosmopolitan magazine
- Florence Knight, head chef at Polpetto restaurant and culinary author, is joining The Sunday Times. Florence takes over from Gizzi Erskine, who is stepping down as the newspaper’s current cook
- Fiona Embleton has been appointed acting beauty editor covering Samantha Flowers’ maternity leave at the Stylist
- Mollie McGuigan, deputy editor at Emerald Street, has now returned from maternity leave. Siobhan Morrin has been promoted to assistant editor at the title
- Jacqueline Kilikita has been appointed junior fashion and beauty writer at Reveal.co.uk
- Josie Ayre has been appointed fashion features and entertainment assistant at Marie Claire
- Gemma Bradish has been appointed editorial assistant at Scratch magazine
Business & Finance
- Sarah Cosgrove has been appointed news editor at PrintWeek. She was previously a reporter and landscape correspondent at Horticulture Week
- Nicola Harrison has been promoted to content editor at Retail Week. She was previously news editor at the publication, a role that has now been filled by James Wilmore
- Ailbhe Goodbody has been promoted to deputy editor from assistant editor at Mining Magazine. She is also currently acting editor covering Carly Leonida’s maternity leave
- Phineas Harper is stepping down as deputy editor at The Architectural Review to take up the deputy directorship of the not-for-profit Architecture Foundation
- Martyn Torr has retired from his post at the Oldham Chronicle. He was business editor at the publication, where he worked for 24 years
Looking for property news, advice, tips? Check out what UK’s top property bloggers are talking about say on Cision’s latest blog ranking
As Google rolls out its latest algorithm update, the message to marketers is clear: if your site isn’t mobile optimised yet, you run the risk of losing traffic to the site as well as losing out to competition. A list of dos and don’ts every for making your site mobile-friendly and Google-happy
Signs that the UK’s economy is on the mend can be found in the latest report released today? by the Advertising Association/Warc, which shows that UK advertising grew at its highest rate since 2010.
Instagram has updated its community guidelines to outline more clearly what it regards as explicit content that it bans on its platform. The revised guidelines follow criticism of the company for removing photos of nudity projected for art and social causes.