This week’s Media Updates covers moves and changes at news titles including ITV News, BuzzFeed UK and Yahoo!; fashion, lifestyle and entertainment titles including HomeStyle, GoodHomes and SheerLuxe.com and business and finance changes at RIBA Journal and Moneywise.
News & Current Affairs
- Rachel Corp has been appointed as editor of ITV News London
- The Guardian’s head of news, Stuart Millar, has now left the publication. He will be joining Buzzfeed UK as head of news
- Anthony Joseph has been appointed UK online reporter at MailOnline. He was previously assistant content editor at the Evening Express.
- Sophia Moir has been appointed UK online showbusiness reporter at MailOnline. She was previously a senior lifestyle reporter at Yahoo!
- Ben Hoyle has been appointed Los Angeles correspondent at The Times. He was previously the Moscow correspondent
- Connie Osborne has now left her role as deputy editor at Redditch Standard
- Katie Upton has now left her role as education and investigations reporter at Blackpool Gazette
Fashion, Lifestyle & Entertainment
- Piia McWilliams has been appointed editorial coordinator at HomeStyle
- Rachel Christie has been appointed houses editor at GoodHomes
- Joy Starkey has been appointed news and features assistant at com. Hannah Hopkins and Francesca Rice have also been promoted to news and features writers at the website
- Seoana Sherry-Brennan has left her role as deputy editor at Period Ideas
Business & Finance
- Tom Wilson has been appointed product research/writer at Moneywise
- Daniel Ben-Ami has been appointed deputy editor at Investments & Pensions Europe
- Isabelle Priest has been appointed as assistant editor at RIBA Journal