Last updated: 26/08/2015.
- Nevillehobson.com: At number one (again) Neville Hobson’s blog has an archive that dates back nearly 10 years. When we asked him the secret to his blog’s continued success, he simply answered: ‘good content, good readers.’ (Read his interview here). Neville’s blog covers digital communications and public relations and, in his own words, brings together: ‘Perspectives at the intersection of business, communication and technology.’
- Stephen Waddington: Stephen’s not letting go of the #2 spot either…and why should he when he’s got a lot to say! Stephen is partner and chief engagement officer for Ketchum, former president of CIPR, and author of#BrandVandals and Brand Anarchy. His blog brings to you all the latest in public relations, the media and social media. Stephen’s blog first started in September 2012.
- PR Moment Blog: This blog is hosted by PRmoment.com and started back in May 2009. It has also moved up four spots from last year where it ranked #7!
- Mark My Words:Author Mark Borkowski is a publicist, strategist, innovator, thought leader…the list is long. In short, he’s earned his place in the PR Week’s list of the 25 influential figures in the industry. His blog encapsulates his knowledge of public relations, digital marketing and social media marketing. The blog dates back to 1999. It has maintained the #4 spot on our ranking.
- SMOKING GUN…and finally: New entry – hurrah! It’s fun and quirky and logs the latest in public relations, digital marketing and social media marketing in way that makes readers want to scroll for more. The blog has an archive dating back to January 2010.
- Thought Symposium: Author Michael White is the digital account manager at PR consultancy Lansons. His blog ‘dissects digital, simplifies social media, and talks online reputation’ and has an archive dating back to February 2009. He holds on to his spot at #6 this year as well.
- Berkeley PR: Up one spot from last year, the Berkeley PR Blog belongs to the agency Berkeley PR and funnily enough we have their managing director’s blog coming up next! This blog covers public relations and media and has an archive dating back to July 2009.
- Paul Stallard’s PR Blog: His agency may have beat him to it by one spot, but Paul Stallard’s PR blog has made its mark in the industry and features an extensive blogroll. On here, Paul discusses anything from public relations and digital communications to technology PR. It first started in April 2008.
- Hotwire PR: Up from #10 last year, this blog covers the latest in the public relations and media industries and boasts of an archive dating back to March 2008.
- Vuelio Blog: Aww shucks, we made it. If anything, we’re being modest here. No really, after all you’re here aren’t you? This blog started in 2008 and has been through a few name changes along the way!
DON’T MISS our interview with top blogger Neville Hobson on what makes his blog maintain the #1 spot year after year, the biggest challenge facing the PR industry today and his ‘content rejuvenation’ plans.
The fundamentals of working with bloggers are the same as with traditional journalists at traditional media outlets: respect their schedules; take time to read their material to learn their interests; and only contact them if/when they want to be contacted.
Vuelio’s blog ranking methodology takes into consideration social sharing, topic-related content and post frequency. For a detailed understanding on how Vuelio decides its weekly blog ranking, please click here.
In-depth profiles for all these PR blogs and many more can be found in our media database.
Photo courtesy of Niuton may on Flickr.